Madigan made... radish and butter crostinis.
Need a tasty appetizer?
Love fresh herbs?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above, please read below.
(If you answered "no" to all of the above, I feel really sorry for your taste buds.)
The past few weeks I think I forgot that this is a crafting, decorating and cooking blog.
With the recent heat wave, I have not felt like cooking. But, I needed an appetizer last weekend and tried this one.
This is a tasty bite with surprising ingredients. My recent exposure to radishes, salt and butter inspired me.
I found a recipe on the Food Network that combined these elements.
- Be veeeeery careful using a mandolin! Remember my clumsiness? True to form, as I was cleaning up, I nicked my finger.
- This makes a great deal of herbed butter. You could cut it in half - or save leftovers for another time. (I think it would be yummy on top of veggies!)
- I found it a little heavy on the onion flavor. I may consider using less onion next time.
- The inspired link below uses lemon juice. I forgot to add and did not miss it.
- If you do not like radishes, I think cucumber would also work here. Cucumber and dill is such a classic combo. If you try it and like it, let me know!
Radish and Butter Crostini
Adapted from Ina Garten, as seen on the Food Network
1/2 to 1 bunch of radishes, trimmed with a short top
1 French baguette, sliced diagonally
1 tbsp olive oil