Madigan made... a new chalkboard quote.
It's time for another monthly quote installment! Happy September!
(If you are new here, welcome! My plan is to post a new quote every month on my chalkboard.)
This is a busy time of year for many folks as the summer winds down. I needed a reminder (and I thought you might) that 'keeping it simple' is so important. Not only is it good for the mind, but it is stylish, too.
I took a few steps recently to streamline things. Did ya notice some changes 'round here? Yeah, I tried to clean up the look of this blog.
These are the steps I took to simplify:
- The blogger default nav bar? I sequestered it to the bottom of the blog. Then I made an image navigation area. Fancy scmancy.
- I simplified my blog party linking process. I figured out a way to quickly (and neatly) add links within my posts while giving credit back to other blogs. I also decided to break up the 'blog week' and limit the number of parties I attend. Interested in doing the same? Read this post.
- I nixed that scrolling 'popular posts' grouping in the side bar. The movement was a little distracting for me. And it probably was for you, too.
- Quarantining the archived posts list to the bottom made sense to me. But do I even need it? Hmmm.
- I moved some of my popular posts to static images in the side bar. But they are starting to annoy me. It feels a bit cluttered. They might have ta go, too. Thoughts?
- I threw out the three different pages of older posts (kitchen, crafts and decor). I combined them into one huge page called:
- I changed my Flickr pictures section from three pictures to a simple slideshow. (It changes slowly. Hopefully it is not too distracting? Let me know.)
- My directory of inspirational blogs is gone. As I found more and more blogs I liked, the list became hard to maintain. So, if I like a blog, I follow it. The most recent posts from that group should show up on the bloggy reading list in the sidebar.
In the past few weeks, organization was a priority around the house, too.
We simplified some of our spaces. I plan to share later this month.
And don't forget - the Weekend Word Search happens THIS weekend!!
Find an inspirational word or quote project you did and share!