Madigan (well, her SIL) made... a unique (and patriotic) way to serve fruit.
I think I've told you before that my sister-in-law is clever. Trust me, she is!
Check out the fruit bouquet she brought to a BBQ for Memorial Day.
I thought it was so pretty. And it would be a perfect way to dress up your Fourth of July party table, too! So, I asked her if I could share with you.
I hope I remember the steps correctly, but this is how she told me she made the fruit display:
- First, find a large vase or planter.
- Put something in the vase to weigh the bottom down. (rocks, vase filler, etc)
- Find a Styrofoam ball that will sit snugly on top of the vase or planter opening.
- Use duct tape to attach the ball down around the edges of the planter.
- Cover the Styrofoam ball with large leaves. (She used hosta leaves) Pin them down with straight pins or floral picks.
- Slide strawberries and blueberries onto bamboo skewers. Alternate with white marshmallows in a pretty pattern as desired.
- Stick the wooden skewers (point in) into the Styrofoam ball.
- Serve with your favorite fruit dip. (I personally would suggest an orange creamsicle fruit dip, but that's what I like!)
Isn't this bouquet so cute? I love how it elevates a simple fruit tray to something so elegant.
It is almost too pretty to eat! Almost.
(Thanks, J, for letting me share!)