Madigan made... a 1000 Followers Meet & Greet.
I have a small confession to make:
Did you know that my first name is not really Madigan?
Ok, maybe that is not a small confession!
For various reasons (some that don't make sense today) I thought it was a smart and prudent idea not to really share my name when I started this blog.
People have used stage names, pennames and pseudonyms for decades: actors/actresses (Lucille Ball), authors (Mark Twain), designers (Sarah Richardson) and yes, bloggers (The Nester).
And in nooo way am I comparing myself to these talented individuals. But I figured if they could do it, why couldn't I?
But it's becoming more and more difficult for me to justify keeping this pen name because:
- I would like to answer emails and leave comments with my real name. It feels more authentic.
- In real life when I meet other bloggers, I have to introduce myself... twice. Annoying.
- And since I have met a few other bloggers, it is unfair to ask them to keep my online persona straight. ("Oh, wait, when I comment on your blog I should call you Madigan... but when I email you I can call you _____.")
- Plus, if I ever start to 'work' with other bloggers and companies (via sponsorships, campaigns, conferences, etc) I think it is only fair they know the name of the person they are working with.
- Bottom line? Using a penname is just plain confusing for me! Using my real first name will be easier.
So, I figure it is about time that I share my name with you and we officially "meet".
Right now, I'm ready to share my first name with my readers (it's a first step, mmkay?)... And if we ever meet in person at a blog or crafting event or if we start to work together (ie. sponsorship, etc) I'll likely tell ya my full name.
But I want this name "reveal" to be a two-way street!
I want to "meet" more of my readers!! And have y'all meet each other, too.
I thought we could have a little fun. Since I do not host giveaways, I thought we can have a "meet and greet" here on the blog!
And I want this to be a way to show my support of my fellow bloggers and of y'all crafty people with handmade shops.
Read below to see how you can have your blog or shop featured here!
At the same time - I think we can celebrate the growth of this blog and all the people that stop in here!
I feel sooo blessed when I see the readership on this blog grow. All the more reason I want to know who you are!!
Have you noticed my blog sidebar lately?
- That Google Followers number is slowly creeping towards 900?
- And I'm floored at the rapid growth of my Facebook fan page - it is over 750 fans, too.
I realize I may be putting the cart before the horse, but I think that in no time we'll be at a total of 1000 fans in both of those forums! And I want to celebrate that milestone!
Here's the details of my Name Reveal Celebration Meet & Greet:
- If you are a blog reader / supporter of Madigan Made and you want to introduce yourself, fill out one of the 3 forms below.
- If you have your own blog - Tell me about your blog!
- If you run an online handmade shop - Show me your site and wares!
- If you don't have a blog/shop, but read this blog and want to interact - tell me more about you!
- *If you blog or have a handmade shop - consider this FREE promotion!*
How can you join in this fun and interaction? Share more about yourself here!
- If you write a blog, click here to fill out this form.
- If you have an online handmade shop, click here to fill out this form.
- If you are a blog reader and want to introduce yourself, click here to fill out this form.
*And if you have both a blog and shop, please pick one you want to share and only fill out one of the forms.
Be sure to fill out the form now - because who knows when the meet & greet will start!
It will depend on YOU as to how quickly this party arrives!
Once EITHER the Google Followers list hits 1000 or the Madigan Made Facebook page reaches 1000 fans... I will start the get-together!
If you are not a follower or fan... why not consider being one today? C'mon and check out the side bar to join one or both!
(Total side note: Which one do you think will hit 1000 first? Even though there are more Google followers - I think the FB fan page is going to reach that goal fast!)
If you want to spread the word and tell your friends about this meet-up, feel free to share a button:
<a href="http://madiganmade.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae292/madiganmadeblog/madigan-made-meet-and-greet.png" border="0" alt="Meet and Greet Button"></a>
I can't wait to meet more of you, share you with the other readers and formally introduce myself!