Madigan made… works in progress… or things I meant to show you but forgot!
As much as I’d love to show you a cute finished project and a well written tutorial today… I don’t have much to show you in that department.
In fact, I have lots of unfinished and forgotten objects and projects.
Or UFO’s, if you will.
I have quite a bit of random junk that I meant to use for a singular post topic, but I didn't have the time or desire to go that far with them.
And while this post might not be what you were looking for when you clicked over here today… I think it’s important to show you that crafty DIY blogging is NOT always perfectly executed and covered with glitter and roses. Most of the time, this blog (and this blogger!) is a constant work-in-progress.
So, here are a bunch of unfinished projects or random post ideas that never materialized because I did not finish them, did not like them or simply forgot about them.
- Cute fabric that I bought recently. Not sure what I’m going to do with them yet but I’m itching to come up with something. Any ideas?
- Materials to make quick envelope pillows for our basement family room. Sitting here for 3 months. Not so quick, right?
- Green pea soup. Recipe? good. Photo? not. (food photography = hard)
- Mums on the porch from last year that I forgot to show you. Are you heartbroken I forgot? Um, yeah. That’s what I thought.
- Roasted potatoes. Very tasty, but roasting potatoes in olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika is just… tasty, not worth a blog post.
- The powder room fiasco. What’s that? Well, if you follow me on Twitter and Facebook, you may have heard me talk about painting this room. Basically – we had a perfectly nice, recently updated powder room. Yes, the new brown color on the walls was lovely (Portobello, Sherwin Williams)… but it was a tad boring. And in a bathroom, the color reminded me a bit of… poo. I decided that all the room needed was a few stripes to break up the brown a little. I figured the stripes would just take a weekend to complete. Famous. last. words. After 3 weeks and a few mishaps, the bathroom is almost done. But this topic deserves a full post and I will tell you more about it in the coming weeks.
- Glitter wine charms that in concept sounded cute in my head. But in reality… they turned out a little cheap and flimsy looking. I scrapped my project after seeing Kate’s adorable ideas for wine charms at Centsational Girl. Maybe I’ll try her ideas instead.
- Warning: A cute fluffy dog photo to break up all this unfinishedness. (it’s a word)
- Oversized wooden clothespins that I never showed you from the craft fair last year. All you need is paint, paper and decoupage to make your very own.
crapcraft ideas are floating around in my head by I’ve yet to really start on any. They involve faux fur, snowmen, glass, paper, and my wedding dress. (And not in that order or together. And yes, I said my wedding dress. Eek!)
And this is just a sample of some of my UFOs. Let's not talk about the piles of crafty supplies that I have not touched since they came home with me!
Now. Tell me.
Any one else have any unfinished projects around the house or on the craft table? Any bloggers out there have lukewarm ideas that you never posted about because you forgot or just didn’t want to share?
Hope I’m not the only one with a few UFOs. Do you have any?